Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Moscow Magenta

For best effects, see them
against a dark background
The Magenta is another colour I am instantly attracted to. Pinkish reflective and striking even from afar, this hue is everything but natural. This colour really reminds me of the ladies' nail varnish. When I was very young, I was once so captivated by mom's reflective nail varnish that I used it to paint on my drawings... and that was a very painful experience :-P



Unfortunately most magenta strains are short tails and so I wasted no time in crossing them with my albino moscows to create the delta tail variant. I have since been working on it for more than 3 years and it nearly got extinct last year.

The most challenging of the magenta strain, as confirmed by some Guppy veterans is in perfecting the delta tail which are usually not triangular enough. This is one of the better specimens this year but definitely the strain still has a lot of room for improvement on the caudal.